Alto GL / 1998 - Need Informations - From Portugal
Hey guys,

I dont know if this is the right place to post, but i dont understand dutch and i need some help.

I'm from portugal, i have a red alto 1.0 gl from 1998 with 60k kms.
I will post some pictures soon.

I need some information about alto:

- what suspension kit can i use on alto to reduce height 3cm ? manufacturer?

- With the stock suspension i feel the car too much unconfortable and the suspension work is not smooth, is this normal ?

- There's any exhaust system compatible with alto to have some more bhp ? manufacturer?

- I saw on this forum this pictures, this is a alto right ?

[Image: swift143uv4.jpg]

Where i can buy that headlights + grill + front bumper ? they have a great look Biggrin

What's the rims manufacturer?

I would apreciate some anwsers 45

Congratz to the forum Wink

Best regards.

I also would like to fit the swift gti seats on front, anyone know where i buy them ?

hello,

at first, we usually ask new people to introduce themselves in the "wie is wie" topic.
but because you don't know dutch, you couldn't know and it's probably hard even if you know it..

but about your questions..

Quote: what suspension kit can i use on alto to reduce height 3cm ? manufacturer?
Jamex has lowering springs for the alto built after 1996.
wich will lower your alto about 40mm, and this will improve your steering and balance very much
but as any lowering kit, this will make your ride less comfortable.
I'm not sure but there are springs by eibach, apex and cobra too i think. Your best option is to search for brittish online tuning and styling shops

Quote:With the stock suspension i feel the car too much unconfortable and the suspension work is not smooth, is this normal ?
The stock front suspention is pretty good, but the rear has a very strange system for the suspension, I'm still trying to find a solution to that.
but with the lowering springs this will disapear for a great deal.
also, wide rims and wide and flat rubbers will also work!

Quote:There's any exhaust system compatible with alto to have some more bhp ? manufacturer?
For the alto, there are not much aftermarket parts so an exhaust system will be custom made.
but for increase of BHP, an exhaust will not do the trick.
you should go for a turbo, compressor or engine swap for the real BHP's

Quote:I saw on this forum this pictures, this is a alto right ?
Actually this is a Suzuki Cervo, this is mostly the same as an alto, exept for the vact that the alto is wider, i think about 15-20 cm's.
if you want Cervo parts for an alto , they might fit or they might not, that's the question..
and they have mostly 660cc engines, some with turbo, some with 4x4 but they are all 3 cilinders so it should not help you very much..

most important, because of the fact that the Alto is a car that was not produced to be a dynamic car, there are not many aftermarket parts for it.
you will have to be creative..

but in the end, you will be unique, that's one thing that's for sure..

Good luck and I hope I answered your questions good enough..

Greetz, Jan

BTW, this is my alto "CLICK"

Ford Mondeo 2.0 tdci
Swift Sedan 1.6 "Chucky"
Mazda RX-7 V8 circuit project
Suzuki Swift gti circuit auto

Ring count: 114

Thx very much for your time Smile

So if i understand the only difference between alto and cervo is this:

[Image: altovscervobj8.gif]

+ different motors right ?

There's any online shooping that sells parts from cervo like the headlights and front bumper ?

Best Regards.

the rear is wider, under the rear window, the alto is wider..
but cervo parts should have to be imported i think, but alto parts are very rarely findable on some brittish tuning/styling sites..
Ford Mondeo 2.0 tdci
Swift Sedan 1.6 "Chucky"
Mazda RX-7 V8 circuit project
Suzuki Swift gti circuit auto

Ring count: 114